Frequently Asked Questions
Care and Use
Before using your pump
Clean and sanitize the parts below before using your pump for the first time:
- Backflow protectors
- Breast shields
- Bottles, bottle disks, and bottle covers
WARNING: Do not wash or boil tubing. Tubing needs to remain dry to avoid any potential mold contamination. When the pump is assembled and used correctly, your breast milk will not enter the tubing.
Cleaning and sanitizing instructions:
- Only use drinking water or bottled water for cleaning.
- Wash hands thoroughly.
- Wash parts with a clean dish cloth or soft brush in warm soapy water.
- Rinse parts with clear water.
- Sanitize the parts in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Safely remove all parts from water with tongs.
- Allow all parts to air dry in a clean area.
After using your pump
Disassemble and wash all parts that come in contact with your breasts or breast milk to avoid milk residue and bacteria growth.
- Thoroughly wash your hands before handling breast pump parts.
- Disassemble each part that comes into contact with breast milk, including backflow protectors, breast shields, bottles, bottle disks, bottle covers, nipples, and valves.
- Rinse each part in cool water to remove milk residue.
- Wash each part in the sink with a soft brush or clean dishcloth or soak each part in warm soapy water for 5 minutes; follow with a thorough rinse. Alternatively, place the disassembled parts, except for the tubing, on the top rack of your dishwasher.
- Dry each part with a clean towel and/or allow them to completely air dry on a sanitary surface.
- Wipe the main body of the pump with a dry, clean towel after each use.
- Store completely dry parts in a clean bag or container. Do not store any damp parts.
We recommend sanitizing daily, all parts that come in contact with your breast and breast milk.
- Wash hands before touching breast pump and parts.
- Place breast pump on a clean, dry, and secure surface.
- Insert the backflow protector silicone membrane into the backflow protector bottom (the part that connects to the breast shield). Ensure that it fits securely and that the backflow protector silicone edge fits around the rim of the backflow protector bottom.
- Snap on the backflow protector top (the component that connects to the tubing) to the assembled backflow protector bottom.
- Push the valve onto the underside of the breast shield.
- Connect the backflow protector assembly to the top of the breast shield. Use a twisting motion to attach and later remove this assembly to avoid damaging it.
- Screw the bottle into the underside of the breast shield.
- Connect the tubing to the backflow protector assembly and connect the other end of the tubing to the Cimilre S6/S6+ (for single pumping attach the cap on one of the airflow ports).
- Attach power adapter to the Cimilre S6/S6+.
- Plug power adapter into a standard electrical outlet.
The Cimilre S6/S6+ will automatically remember your settings for your next pumping session! If you want to start pumping on different settings, adjust the settings before you start expressing.
The suction (vacuum) level refers to the suction strength; this is measured in millimeters of mercury (mmHg). When you are using the Cimilre S6/S6+, you will usually find that expressing is most effective on the highest suction level that is comfortable for you.
Be sure the suction level is not set high enough to cause discomfort or pain, as this will hinder your milk flow.
Absolutely! You can send your pump motor and power cord for recycling to:
Cimilre @ Gallo Logistics
Attn: Recycling Dept
120 Quarry Drive
Milford, MA 01757
You may recycle your pump parts (bottles, tubing, and flanges) with your regular household items.
- Please make sure the power cord is not damaged.
- Please make sure the power cord is connected to the pump and a standard electrical outlet.
- Try plugging the power cord into another standard electrical outlet that you know is working.
- If the power is still not turning on, contact customer care at 888-394-2422.
- Disconnect the tubing and milk collection kit from the port that is not working and insert into the port that is working. If this does not resolve the problem, replace the tubing and milk collection kit.
- If you are still experiencing issues with the port, please visit cimilrebreastpumps.com/warranty.
- Detach both “tubing” from the ports at the base of the pump and block both ports with your fingers.
- Next, turn on the pump and initiate the vacuum function (on the right-hand side of the control panel).
- To check for suction operation, gradually increase the vacuum strength from the lowest level to the highest—can you feel the change in the suction strength at each level?
- Are all your accessories and parts Cimilre brand? If yes, proceed; if no, replace your parts with Cimilre parts.
- Have you changed your pump parts since you received the pump? Please review the “How often should I replace my parts” section in the FAQs.
- Valves: Are they attached to the flanges properly? If yes, check your duckbill valves to make sure there are not damaged/no tears. Does the valve opening (where your milk comes out) look closed when not in use?
- Backflow Protectors: are they assembled and attached correctly?
- Membrane is flush with the shallow, lower-cap piece that attaches to flange
- Lip of the membrane is placed over the rim of the lower cap
- The upper cap (the piece that connects to the tubing) is snapped onto the lower cap that attaches to the flange.
If you are still experiencing issues with the suction on your pump, please file a warranty claim by calling 1-888-394-2422 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The manufacturer provides the following limited warranties on the Cimilre:
THE MANUFACTURER PROVIDES A LIMITED 24-MONTH MECHANICAL WARRANTY FOR MAIN PUMP:
The manufacturer provides a LIMITED MECHANICAL WARRANTY that the main pump will be free from manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship under normal personal use for the 24-month period after purchase by the original owner. Proof of purchase (copy of your original receipt, purchase order, or invoice), the date that the product was purchased, and the location of purchase will be required. Replaced or repaired products are warranted only for the period remaining under the initial warranty.
THE MANUFACTURER ALSO PROVIDES A LIMITED 90-DAY WARRANTY FOR ALL OTHER PARTS:
The manufacturer provides a LIMITED WARRANTY that all other parts will be free from manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship under normal personal use for the 90-day period after purchase by the original owner. Proof of purchase (copy of your original receipt, purchase order, or invoice), the date that the product was purchased, and the location of purchase will be required. Replaced or repaired products are warranted only for the period remaining under the initial warranty.
At the manufacturer’s discretion, the manufacturer will replace the main pump and/or any part that proves to be defective in material and/or workmanship under normal use and service. PLEASE NOTE: WARRANTIES DO NOT COVER NORMAL “WEAR AND TEAR.” This warranty is extended to the original consumer owner only and shall not apply to any products or parts of products which have been (A) Repaired by unqualified persons not using original spare parts or altered in any manner unless previously authorized in writing by the manufacturer; or (B) Damaged as a result of misuse, negligence, accident, or faulty use or maintenance; or (C) Used or stored in a manner contrary to the manufacturer’s written instructions; or (D) Damaged by the effects of improper cleaning and/or use of aggressive cleaners. The warranty does not cover misplacement or theft of the breast pump or supplies.
THIS IS THE EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY BY THE MANUFACTURER, WHICH DOES NOT MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY.
This breast pump is intended for single- user use only. Sharing a breast pump can cause health hazards and voids the manufacturer’s warranty. The user of this product assumes all responsibilities and risks for use of this product. The user should consult with a health care professional before using this or any other equipment.
THIS WARRANTY IS LIMITED IN SOLELY TO THE ABOVE AND THIS WARRANTY AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY STATE LAW WILL APPLY ONLY FOR THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD SPECIFIED HEREIN. ALSO, THE MANUFACTURER WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, EXPENSE OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT OR NEGLIGENCE AND ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE, USE OR REPAIR OF THE PRODUCT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. UNLESS OTHERWISE CONTRARY TO STATE LAW GOVERNING THE PURCHASE, THE MANUFACTURER’S LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE CONTRACT PRICE FOR THE PRODUCT CLAIMED TO BE DEFECTIVE OR UNSUITABLE.
To make a warranty claim visit cimilrebreastpumps.com/warranty.
Please note that items returned without a Replacement Authorization Number will be returned to sender.
Valves should be replaced every 1 to 3 months.
Backflow protector should be replaced every 3 to 6 months.
Tubing should be replaced as needed.
Flanges should be replaced every 3 to 6 months or as needed.
Using the proper size of breast shield helps to prevent pain while pumping. This guide will help to determine your optimal size based on your nipple diameter.
How to find the right size flange for you:
- Using a ruler or measuring tape, measure the diameter of your nipple at base (across middle) in millimeters (mm).* 1cm = 10mm. Do not include areola.
- Take your measurement and add 4mm to determine your breast shield size. *Example: If your nipple size measures 26mm in diameter, the recommended breast shield size is 30mm.
Test Your Breast Shield Size
During pumping, your nipple moves freely in the flange tunnel. You will have space around your nipple and not much of the areola is drawn into the tunnel with the nipple.
During pumping, some or your entire nipple rubs against the sides of the flange tunnel.
During pumping, more of your areola is drawn into the breast pump flange with your nipple. You may experience your areola rubbing up against the side of the flange tunnel.
Determining Proper Fit
Does your nipple rub the sides of flange tunnel to the point of causing discomfort? Do you see excessive areola being pulled into tunnel? Do you see any redness? Is your nipple or areola turning white?
If you answered 'YES' to any of these questions, consider trying a new size by following the measuring instructions above. If you are still unsure if you selected the correct size breast shield, see a lactation consultant for further assistance.
- Always thaw the oldest breast milk first. Remember first in, first out. Over time, the quality of breast milk can decrease.
- There are several ways to thaw your breast milk:
- In the refrigerator overnight.
- Set in a container of lukewarm water.
- Under lukewarm running water.
- Never thaw or heat breast milk in a microwave. Microwaving can destroy nutrients in breast milk and create hot spots, which can burn a baby’s mouth.
- Use breast milk within 24 hours of thawing in the refrigerator (this means from the time it is no longer frozen or completely thawed, not from the time when you took it out of the freezer).
- Once breast milk is brought to room temperature or warmed after storing in the refrigerator or freezer, it should be used within 2 hours.
- Never refreeze breast milk once it has been thawed.
Clean the surface of your pump before applying the skin:
- First, wipe the pump surface(s) where the skin will be applied with a slightly damp cloth and let dry. Do not get water directly on the breast pump.
- Next, wipe the breast pump with a cloth slightly dampened with rubbing alcohol to remove fingerprint oil and let dry completely.
Remove the skin from the backing paper:
- Begin from the bottom and carefully peel the skin from the backing paper.
- Be careful not to stretch narrow sections of the skin as this can deform and/or tear the skin.
- Prevent the adhesive side of the skin from contacting another part of the skin as it will stick to itself and may cause damage to the skin.
Apply the skin to breast pump:
- Holding it over the face of the breast pump, align the skin over the buttons and screen.
- Starting from the center, carefully apply the skin making sure it lines up with all the buttons, screen, and curves on your pump.
- If the skin does not line up correctly, carefully peel it off and try again. Be sure not to stretch the skin or it will no longer fit.
- As you apply the skin to the breast pump, firmly press from the middle to the edges, pushing any air bubbles out from under the skin. Be careful not to scratch the skin.
- To remove the skin, gently pull up on the edges of the skin using your fingernail. Do not use a sharp utensil to remove the skin as it may damage your breast pump.
- Removing the skin diminishes the adhesive and can alter its shape.
- Visit cimilrebreastpumps.com and click on Shop at the top of the page.
- Choose Skins from the dropdown menu.
- Select from our current collection of fun and stylish skin designs!
Orders, Shipping & Tracking
We ship using UPS and offer free standard shipping on all orders over $25. For orders under $25, there will be an $8 shipping fee.
Please note that we only ship Monday through Friday and that only expedited orders placed before 2:30 pm ET on a business day will ship that same day.
Returns & Exchanges
If you suspect a manufacturer defect or other warranty issue, please refer to Cimilre’s warranty policyin the FAQs.
If you just simply want to return a product, the item must be received by Cimilre in its original condition (unopened, unmarked, and in saleable condition) within 45 days of the receipt of your purchase.
Products purchased from other websites or retail locations must be returned to the original place of purchase.
How to return an eligible item:
- Eligible items may be returned only after Cimilre approves your return request by issuing a Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) number. Requests should be submitted to our customer service department by calling 1-888-394-2422 or email email@example.com..
- Be sure to write the RMA number on your shipping label(s). Do not attempt to return any item without an RMA number.
- Using the shipper of your choice, return merchandise to the address provided by Cimilre and be sure to insure the package.
Cimilre is not responsible for damage or loss during shipment.
Contact Cimilre by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return Processing, Payments, & Refunds
Cimilre will process your return and a refund will be made to the credit card used for the original purchase upon receipt of the eligible item. Please allow up to two billing cycles for refunds to appear on your credit card statement.